This is a quick guide on how you can create your own permanent video chat room.
By default, when you visit the “My Chat Room” page, it will give you a random chat room link that you share with other members so they can join your chat. When you refresh the page, a new random chat room link is generated. This is a disposable chat room, when everyone has left the chat, it will simply be gone for good.
You can easily create a permanent chat room that is much easier to remember by changing the last part of the chat link to anything you like. As you can see in the demonstration video below, it is really simple to do!
In the demo we use a non existent webcam so you don’t have to see any ugly faces! Pointing this out so you know the video chat rooms do work.
To create your own permanent video chat room, follow these simple steps:
- Go to the My Chat Room page.
- Copy the random chat room link.
- Paste the chat room link somewhere, using the chat box is a good idea as it is already there.
- Change the last part of the link (the random numbers) to anything you wish.
- Open your modified link in a fresh browser to make sure it works.
- In the fresh browser you will see your new link displayed where the random link is normally displayed.
- Copy it and paste it onto the Activity Feed.
- You have now created a permanent chat room that other members can enter at any time.
As long as your chat room link remains on the Activity Feed, it will be a permanent chat room. Please keep in mind that other members may have created a chat room with the same name, if so, you will enter their chat room. This is the main reason that by default a random chat room link is created each time you visit the “My Chat Room” page.